JUDr. Michaela Rittenauerová
translator of legal texts
English - Czech
I graduated at the Faculty of Law of the Charles University in Prague and I have several years of legal experience at the Ministry of Justice of the Czech Republic. My language education was completed with a Specialized State Language Exam for translators in English and a final exam of a course organized by the Faculty of Law of the Charles University for translators of legal texts, which is a prerequisite for being awarded a licence of a certified translator.
Besides the language, I also understand the substance of the legal texts, therefore I am able to ensure the maximum possible consistency between the original and target texts from the legal point of view.
Given the specificity of legal texts, where, in the case of translations of Czech legal texts into English, it is the best practice to use the experience of someone who has the knowledge of the Czech legal environment since the terminology of individual, seemingly the same legal concepts, may differ from one country (legal system) to another, I also translate from Czech into English.
In order to ensure the best possible quality of my translations, I use a specialized translation software SDL Trados Studio 2019.
Do not hesitate to send me your specific requirements. You will receive an immediate reply with a price quote which depends on the extent of the original text and your desired delivery time!
Your data is safe with me. I handle the translations in a secured environment that guarantees no threat of a data leak or loss, and also, I do not transfer the data to third parties, naturally. All my services are in accordance with the EU regulation on personal data protection. Regarding all the information you entrust to me in relation to your request for translation, I am strictly confidential.
I am a translator with specialization in legal texts and I would be happy to help you with your cross-border legal relations.
- European and International Law (including International Judicial Cooperation)
- Criminal Law
- Civil and Commercial and Company Law
What type of documents I usually translate:
- laws of the Czech Republic
- EU legislation
- texts issued by the European institutions and bodies, including the Court of Justice of the EU
- arrest warrants, requests for mutual legal assistance in criminal matters, judgments
- contracts of any type - lease contracts, sales contracts, memorandum of association
- powers of attorney, copies of an entry in the Commercial Register
- internal company regulations relating to the protection of personal data according to the EU regulation on the protection of personal data (GDPR)